TODAY - Chines Zoe!


 Today, death paid me visit.

It wore a white fluffy apparel

It took me in its embrace

It said nothing.

Just silence.


I was grateful for the silence

As I laid on its breast

Rocked forth and back

My tears stained the fluffers 

Silent sobs. 


"How are you" it asked finally. 

Silence. 

"I understand" it says. 

The warmth in its eyes told a different tale

Of warmth and love and comfort. 


Today, Death sat with me.

Like the estranged lover of a married man

The one with whom he finds peace 

We shared the silence 

Whilst I bore my soul! 


When I told it I'd rather be with it,

It pat my back. How I wanted to be held longer.

It smiled. It understood! 

It squeezed my hands for a while 

And what I felt was peace! 


Today, Death shared my space.

It shared my silence

Made me say nothing 

Today, I bore my soul to death. 

"I understand" it kept saying. 


Only when I sat alone in my room

Sobbing. The loneliness overwhelming.

After we waved goodbye and I felt it left. 

That it pulled my door knob 

And whispered thus. 


"I didn't forsake you tired boy."

"You shouldn't put up with a lot tired boy"

"And this you should always remember"

"You can always find your way home" 

It said!


TODAY!

Chines Zoe!





Comments